Chaplains are consulted for:
- Pre-surgery visits
- Spiritual, cultural or religious needs
- Change of status of patient
- Sacramental needs
- At the time of a crisis or imminent death
- Representative from the faith community are unavailable
- Decisions about level of care
- Need for support or conversation
How to Contact a Chaplain
- Chaplains are available 24 hours a day.
- Call the Pastoral Care Office at 615.222.6602.
- Evenings and nights call 615.363.5692 (24 hour pager; enter phone number where you can be reached at the beep).
- If you’re in the hospital, ask your nurse to call the chaplain.
Members of the Pastoral Care Department include men and women representing various faith traditions.
- Director of Pastoral Care
- 5 Full time Chaplains
- 6 Part time Chaplain
- CPE Manager
- CPE Residents, Interns and Externs
- Eucharist Ministers
- Stephen Ministers
Chaplains facilitate and/or participate in the following support groups for patients/families: