Whether you make an online gift, write a check or make a gift of stocks, your donation can be designated as you wish. You can choose to make an unrestricted gift, which helps support the most important initiatives of the hospital. Or, you may wish to designate your gift to support cancer programs, provide healthcare for the uninsured or support advances in care.
Click here to read more about how your donations can impact the community.
List of Funds
Area of Greatest Need
- Unrestricted Fund
– Meets the most urgent needs as they are identified by the Foundations
of Saint Thomas West Health Board and Saint Thomas West Hospital’s
- Camp Bluebird Fund
– Supports camp retreats where adult cancer patients are provided with
education, support and encouragement in living life after a cancer
- Dan Rudy Cancer Center Fund –
Supports the work of the Dan Rudy Cancer Center at Saint Thomas West Hospital
including sponsorship of educational activities for staff, patients
& community; purchase of special equipment; promotion of cancer
awareness and assistance to needy patients.
Cardiac and Pulmonary Support and Research
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Fund – Supports programs and equipment in the Cardiac Rehabilitation Department.
- Cath Lab Research and Education Fund – Supports education and research opportunities of the Saint Thomas Cath Lab.
- ER/Chest Pain Center Fund – Supports the ER/Chest Pain Center.
- Gerald Halprin Fund – Promotes excellence in pulmonary care for patients and the advancement of pulmonary medical education.
- Elsa Hanigan Pulmonary Center Fund – Supports the work of the Elsa Hanigan Pulmonary Center.
- Heart Institute Fund – Supports cardiac care and clinical programs of Saint Thomas Heart.
- ICD Support Group Fund – Supports activities of the ICD Support Group of Saint Thomas West Hospital.
- Jane Borrill Memorial Fund – Supports excellence in nursing through the education of employees.
- Felix A. and Edna L. Cantrell Fund – Supports educational opportunities in nursing for Saint Thomas employees pursing a degree at Cumberland University.
- Dorothy Dubuisson Fund – Supports continuing education of hospital employees.
- EP Lab Education Fund – Provides educational opportunities of staff of the Saint Thomas EP Lab.
- Laurence Grossman Medical Learning Center Fund – Supports the educational programs of the Laurence A. Grossman Medical Learning Center.
- Holiday Fund – Provides health care staff with funds for educational opportunities.
- Orthopedic Education Fund.
Gifts to this fund support the orthopedic department in continuing
education for nurses, medical mission and patient assistance with
- Beverly and Irvin Small Continuing Education Fund – Supports educational opportunities for hospital employees pursing a degree in nursing.
- John Strupp Memorial Fund – Supports continuing education for oncology nurses.
- Jeanette Travis Scholarship Fund
– Provides educational opportunities for Saint Thomas nurses with an
emphasis on those pursuing a master's degree at Vanderbilt.
- Charles and Mary Wilson Endowed Nursing Scholarship Fund – Provide educational opportunities for employees to attend Aquinas College nursing program.
People and Families in Need
- Sister Juliana Beurlein Associate Financial Assistance Fund – Assists Saint Thomas Health employees in times of need.
- Community Health Outreach Fund – Provides funds for various needs of patients treated at the Saint Thomas Family Health Centers in west and south Nashville.
- Daughters of Charity Fund – Supports charity and outreach needs selected by Daughters of Charity.
- Dispensary of Hope Distribution Fund – Provides a collection and distribution system to provide assistance to people without prescription drug coverage.
- Irene and Melvin Lewis Fund – Assists patients who are financially unable to provide for needed medical-related expenditures.
- Medical Missions Fund – Supports employees of Saint
Thomas West Hospital participating in medical mission work either
internationally or domestically.
- Renewing Hope Fund – Supports victims of disaster both domestically and internationally.
- Cecilia Nolan Roy Dental Fund – Provides dental care for needy patients.
- Seton Lodge Fund
– Assists the Seton Lodge and Inn at Saint Thomas in maintaining
reasonable overnight fees for family members of patients, including
charity for those who can not afford accommodation.
- Transplant Services Fund – Assists Transplant Services in meeting special needs of transplant patients.
- Women's Health Services Fund – Supports prenatal classes for patients at the Saint Thomas Family Health Centers.
Innovative Programs and Care
- Verne Allen Neurosciences Fund – Supports initiatives and resources for the education and care of neurosciences patients.
- Diabetes Institute/CDMED Research Fund – Provides research and education funds for the Hospital's diabetes, metabolic and endocrine disorders programs.
- Julius Jacobs Health Sciences Library Fund – Maintains excellence in the library's collection & information services.
- Jobs in Healthcare Fund
– Supports the Jobs in Healthcare, a program providing education,
training and employment opportunities to unemployed or underemployed
- John Johnson Fund for Ethics in Medicine Fund – Provides a forum for consideration and discussion of important bioethical issues in medicine and society.
- Maria Nathanson Center of Excellence Fund – Provides education and capital support for the Maria Nathanson Center of Excellence
- Nursing Alumnae Fund – Supports the programs of the Saint Thomas West Hospital Nursing Alumnae Association.
- Nursing Innovation Fund – Supports nursing research at Saint Thomas West Hospital.
- Pharmacy Fund – Supports research and educational initiatives of the Saint Thomas West Hospital pharmacy.
- Spirituality Fund – Supports services provided by Saint Thomas Pastoral Care Department to meet spiritual care needs of patients and families.
- Volunteer Fund – Supports the charity, education and outreach programs designated by the Saint Thomas West Hospital Volunteers.
- Wellness Center Fund – Supports stress reduction programs for employees and patients and their families through the Wellness Center at Saint Thomas.