While we don't yet have a cure for MS, we do have treatments, therapies and strategies available that can slow the course of the disease, treat the exacerbations or flare-ups, manage the many of the symptoms, and improve functionality and quality of life.
Some of the available treatment options include:
• Medications to Treat MS:
• Beta Interferons
• Medications That Treat MS Symptoms:
• Muscle Relaxants
• Medications to Reduce Fatigue
• Medications for associated symptoms such as pain, bladder or bowel control and depression.
• Rehabilitation programs include:
• Physical Therapy
• Occupational Therapy
• Therapy for Speech and Swallowing Problems
• Cognitive Rehabilitation
• Vocational Rehabilitation