“Every human institution is shaped by many hearts and hands, but there is usually one keen mind that first conceived the idea of it.”
These words, which appear in an early history of our hospital system, aptly describe the keen minds of Rev. Dr. James L. Sullivan, who was instrumental in establishing what is now Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital, and Bishop Thomas Sebastian Byrne, who founded Saint Thomas West Hospital.
Through their philanthropy and faith, Sullivan and Byrne provided us a way to care for generations of Middle Tennesseans. Today, philanthropy and faith are just as important in our healthcare organization. When you join Sullivan Byrne with a minimum annual $5,000 gift, you become an essential partner in our ministry of healing, helping to sustain and advance care that would simply not be available otherwise.
To recognize and thank our Sullivan Byrne members, the Foundation offers complimentary services such as:
- 24/7 Foundation Staff Support to assist with emergency situations, facilitate appointment scheduling and to help make your hospital stay more comfortable.
- Wellness Benefits including complimentary consultations, discounted joining fees and invitations to health screening events.
- Leadership Communication during invitation-only celebrations and annual face-to-face meetings with senior management and physicians.
- Comforting Courtesies during your stay at one of our hospitals, including a get well gift, fleece blanket, complimentary meals for your caretaker and assistance with parking.
- Public Recognition through our annual report and print materials.
To learn more about this program, please contact:
Annual Giving Manager