- Childbirth suites - Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital features comfortable, spacious childbirth suites so you can be as comfortable as possible.
- You may also submit a Premium Suite reservation.
Note: There is a $100/night charge for a Premium Suite with an additional couch and a $50/night charge for a Premium suite without the couch.
Premium suite amenities include dining on call option for one additional person, a refrigerator and a gift basket
- In room dining - New moms can enjoy delicious meals from the comfort and privacy of their own room between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. with our in-room dining service.
- Professional photography - To help ensure you are able to capture the magic of your baby’s first days, we have partnered with Impressions Photography. During those first precious hours following your delivery, a photographer will take professional photographs of your newborn in a hospital studio located in close proximity to the postpartum suites. Each sitting, which can take as little as 10 minutes, is a family-focused event with options from traditional to contemporary shots. Photos can be accessed via a password-protected site and shared with family and friends across the country and around the world. Once you have selected the shots you would like to keep, photos are developed overnight so that you will have prints on hand for your little one’s homecoming. Best of all, there is no sitting fee, no obligation to purchase and digital files are never discarded should you decide to purchase at a later date. To schedule a photography sitting, call 615.284.3468.
- Online Nursery - Proud parents can utilize our online
nursery to share a picture of their baby with friends and family around
the world via our secure website. Photos are password-protected, and
access is limited to individuals whom the new parents have designated.
- Thursday’s Baby - One way we celebrate the special deliveries at Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital is through Thursday’s Baby, a sponsored television segment featuring the first baby born each Thursday. You can view Thursday’s Baby on our YouTube channel or during Thursday’s News Channel 5 evening newscasts.
- Gift services - Would you like to purchase a gift for a patient?
- Hospital Gift Shop - An array of gifts are available from the gift shop at Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital from flowers to gift baskets. Call 284.7285.
- Lactation Boutique - A specialty boutique that caters to breastfeeding moms. Nursing apparel, breastpumps for rent or purchase, and other lactation essentials can be found here. For further assistance please call 284-6455 (MILK).
- Neonatal Intensive Care Units - For critically-ill newborns, Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital offers a 52-bed Level III Beaman Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, providing technology, expertise and timely care, and it is comforting to know that a neonatologist, an obstetrician and anesthesiologist are in-house 24 hours-a-day, seven days-a-week.
Parents can rest assured that we are prepared to meet all of their newborn's needs with the latest technology and a highly-skilled, around-the-clock professional medical staff. Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital's Beaman Neonatal Intensive Care Unit is staffed with specialists devoted to the care of infants and their families.