(615) 222-STNI (7864)
In 2012 Saint Thomas Health
announced the opening of the new Unity System
- the first fully-integrated neurosurgical center of its kind in the United States for treating brain tumors and other brain malformations.
The name Unity
is symbolic of the collaborative approach between physicians and technology; it includes the newest imaging and treatment technologies to seamlessly create a virtual Operating Room where physicians can join together and work in real-time as a unified team to determine the best treatment plan for the patient, even the most complicated brain tumor and malformation cases.
Conditions Treated with UNITY
- AVM (arterial/venous malformation)
- Cavernous malformation
- Glioblastomas (GBM)
- Acousitc Neuroma
- Pituitary macro/micro-adenoma
- Metastatic lesions to brain/spine
- Deep brain stimulation
- Trigeminal neuralgia
– a passionate team of specialists providing the most technologically advanced and innovative approach to the treatment of brain tumors and other brain malformations. The Neurosurgeons and other neurological specialists utilize a GPS-like real time system to map the brain. During surgery an Interoperative MRI (IMIRI)
scans the brain to ensure all resectable tumor is removed. This system and the collaborative approach between many specialties allows neurosurgical precision while the patient remains under anesthesia during the entire surgery. This advanced guided care that returns you home faster with a better quality of life is available only at Saint Thomas Health
, in Nashville.
Our UNITY Team | Radiation Oncology Capabilities | The Technology
For more information about the Brain & Spine Tumor Center, contact us at 1-855-74-UNITY (86489)
Additional Brain Tumor Resources