Neurologic diagnostics analyzes and monitors nervous system function to promote the effective treatment of neurological diseases and conditions.
The goal of the Neurologic Diagnostic Laboratory
at Saint Thomas West Hospital
is to provide comprehensive, state-of-the-art diagnostic testing procedures which will aid in the diagnosis and treatment of patients who suffer neurologic deficits. Procedures are performed on Inpatient and Outpatient basis in order to evaluate the functional aspects of the central and peripheral nervous systems. These specialized techniques assist in the diagnosis of disorders such as Epilepsy, Multiple Sclerosis, Stroke and other pathologies that may threaten the integrity of the nervous system.
Services available on both an Inpatient and Outpatient basis are:
- Electroencephalography (E.E.G.)
(All EEG's are performed with video monitoring capability)
- 2 Hour, 4 Hour, 6 Hour Outpatient EEG
- Critical Care Continuous Video Neuromonitoring
- Epilepsy Monitoring Unit/LTM
- Evoked Potentials
- Visual Evoked Potentials
- Brainstem Auditory Evoked Potentials
- Somatosensory Evoked Potentials
- Electromyography (E.M.G.) and Nerve Conduction Studies
- Botulinum Toxin (Botox) Chemodenervation