- Wednesday, March 18, 2015 from 1-3pm at St. Joseph’s Parish Life Center, 1217 Gallatin Pike S, Madison, TN 37115:
- PARISH NURSES SHARE!
- We’ll be taking time to get to know one another, and to share your latest resources, referrals, health promotion ideas, struggles and successes, great and small. We need each other to stay inspired and energized!
- Also a short presentation by Vickie Lawson on “Support Circles,” empowering 4 – 6 volunteers from a local congregation guided by a mentor to enter into supportive relationships with people at risk or recovering from homelessness.
- Saturday, April 18, 2015 from 8:30 – 11:30 AM in Lester Williams Conference Dining Room B, St. Thomas West Hospital.
- Joy Kimbrell, MSN, RN, (DNP candidate, Union University), who took the Foundations course last September, will present her doctoral project “Can Christian nurses make a difference in educating people about “the talk,” that is, planning for end of life decisions.
- Also we will look at the Advance Care Planning program Heather Wills presented at her church, “Finishing Well.”
- An important topic for churches for many reasons; a safe place to explore options, and discuss ethical concerns in light of our faith.